This is an official version.
Copyright © 2011: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Regional Service Board Regulations
(Filed September 20, 2011)
Under the authority of section 9 of the Regional Service Boards Act, I make the following regulations.
1. Short title
3. Prescribed services
4. User fees
5. Withdrawal of service
1. These regulations may be cited as the Eastern Regional Service Board Regulations.
2. In these regulations, "board" means the Eastern Regional Service Board.
3. The board has the power to construct, acquire, maintain and operate solid waste disposal sites and solid waste management facilities and systems within the eastern region.
4. (1) The board has the power to charge user fees to a municipality, local service district or unincorporated area in the eastern region as constituted by section 2 of the Eastern Regional Service Board Order, or another municipality, local service district, unincorporated area or other user of a facility or service provided by the board.
(2) An amount owing under subsection (1) is a debt due to the board and the board may recover it by civil action in a court.
Withdrawal of service
5. The board may stop providing a service to a user of it where the user fails to comply with a policy of the board respecting the service.