This is an official version.
Copyright © 2012: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Official Inspection Station Regulations (Amendment)
(Filed November 28, 2012)
Under the authority of subsection 196(1) of the Highway Traffic Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
1. Section 3 of the Official Inspection Station Regulations is amended by adding immediately after subsection (2) the following:
(3) The minister may suspend or cancel a certificate of appointment where the holder of the certificate has
(a) failed to pay the annual fee;
(b) contravened a term or condition of the certificate; or
(c) contravened the Act or regulations.
2. Section 5 of the regulations is amended by adding immediately after subsection (2) the following:
(3) The holder of a certificate of appointment shall pay an annual fee as prescribed by the minister.
3. Subsections 6(6), (7) and (8) of the regulations are repealed and the following substituted:
(6) A certificate of appointment issued under these regulations remains in effect until suspended or cancelled.
(7) In the event that the certificate of appointment as an official inspection station is suspended or cancelled, the owner, operator or person responsible for the station operations shall return immediately to the registrar all documents, certificates, posters, signs and manuals that may have been issued to that station for the purpose of conducting vehicle safety inspections.