This is an official version.
Copyright © 2013: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Interchangeable Drug Products Formulary
(Filed March 28, 2013)
Under the authority of sections 19 and 52 of the Pharmaceutical Services Act, I make the following regulations.
2. S.3 Amdt.
4. S.6 Amdt.
5. S.8 Rep.
1. Paragraph 2(c) of the Interchangeable Drug Products Formulary Regulations, 2012 is repealed and the following substituted:
(c) "brand price" means the price for a brand name drug established by the manufacturer as of April 16, 2012;
2. Subsection 3(3) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(3) The prices set out in the formulary for interchangeable drugs shall be effective for the period specified by the minister in the formulary except where the price is governed by an agreement made by the minister with respect to pricing of generic drugs.
3. Section 5 of the regulations is amended by adding immediately after subsection (2) the following:
(3) Notwithstanding another provision of this section, where a drug listed in the formulary is a drug included in the Pan-Canadian Competitive Value Price Initiative for Generic Drugs, the maximum percentage of brand price for that drug shall not exceed the percentage established by the initiative.
4. Section 6 of the regulations is amended by adding immediately after subsection (4) the following:
(5) This section does not apply to drugs which are included on the Pan Canadian Competitive Value Price Initiative for Generic Drugs.
5. Section 8 of the regulations is repealed.
6. These regulations shall come into force on April 1, 2013.