This is an official version.
Copyright © 2014: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
Link Transmission Construction Special Project Order
(Filed February 20, 2014)
Under the authority of section 70 of the Labour Relations Act, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council makes the following Order.
1. Short title
3. Special project declared
4. Scope of work and geographic site
5. Parties who may bargain collectively
6. Collective agreement
7. Diversity plan
8. Hiring priority
9. Labour Relations Agency liaison
10. Duration of order
1. This Order may be cited as the Maritime Link Transmission Construction Special Project Order.
2. In this Order, "agreement" means the collective agreement dated January 28, 2013 and entered into between the Maritime Link (NL) Transmission Construction Employers' Association Inc., the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1620.
Special project declared
3. It is declared that the undertaking with respect to the construction of transmission, related infrastructure and related activities for the Maritime Link, more particularly described in Schedule A of the agreement, is a special project.
Scope of work and geographic site
4. (1) The scope of work governed by this Order is described in Schedule A of the agreement.
(2) The geographic site governed by this Order is designated in Schedule B of the agreement.
Parties who may bargain collectively
5. The parties that may be involved in collective bargaining in relation to employment on the special project are the Maritime Link (NL) Transmission Construction Employers' Association Inc., as the employers' organization acting for and on behalf of all contractors and subcontractors carrying out the work on the special project, and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1620, as the union acting for and on behalf of employees employed on the special project.
6. The agreement is the collective agreement for the purpose of the special project.
7. This Order acknowledges the commitment contained in section 5.2 of the Maritime Link Transmission Project Industrial and Employment Benefits Agreement to implement and abide by a Diversity Plan approved by the Minister Responsible for the Status of Women.
8. This Order acknowledges that the commitments respecting hiring priority contained in the Maritime Link Transmission Project Industrial and Employment Benefits Agreement have application to the special project.
Labour Relations Agency liaison
9. This Order acknowledges the commitment of the parties to the agreement to liaise with a representative of the Labour Relations Agency on labour relations matters relating to the special project.
Duration of order
10. This order remains in effect for the duration of the work, including mobilization and demobilization by the contractors, or as otherwise provided in the agreement.