This is an official version.
Copyright ©2016: Queen's Printer,
Newfoundland and Labrador
(Filed December 22, 2016)
Under the authority of section 59 of the Pharmacy Act, 2012, the Newfoundland and Labrador Pharmacy Board, with the approval of the Minister of Health and Community Services, makes the following regulations.
1. Section 2 of the Pharmacy Regulations, 2014 is amended by deleting the word "and" at the end of paragraph (a), by deleting the period at the end of paragraph (b) and substituting a semi-colon and the word "and" and by adding immediately after that paragraph the following:
(c) "pharmacy network" means the component of the province-wide electronic health record that allows authorized health care providers to contribute to and access patient medication profiles in real-time.
2. The regulations are amended by adding immediately after section 10 the following:
Connection to pharmacy network required
10.1 A pharmacy shall be connected to the provincial electronic health record via the pharmacy network and the pharmacy network shall be fully operational within the pharmacy.
3. Paragraph 11(d) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(d) agrees to practice in the pharmacy for at least one half of the operating hours of the pharmacy, provided that this agreement does not require the pharmacist in charge to practice in the pharmacy for more than 40 hours in any week.
4. Paragraph 12(c) of the regulations is repealed and the following substituted:
(c) practicing in the pharmacy for at least one half of the operating hours of the pharmacy, provided that this paragraph does not require the pharmacist in charge to practice in the pharmacy for more than 40 hours in any week;
5. These regulations come into force on January 1, 2017.