This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Consolidated Newfoundland Regulation 1996
Under the authority of section 60 of the Urban and Rural Planning Act and the Subordinate Legislation Revision and Consolidation Act, the Lieutenant‑Governor in Council makes the following Order.
1. Short title
3. Plans for conservation
5. Authorization of administrator
6. Persons prohibited
1. This Order may be cited as the Gander River Protected Area Order.
2. This Order applies generally throughout the Gander River Protected Area as approved by the Lieutenant‑Governor in Council.
Plans for conservation
3. The Minister of Municipal and Provincial Affairs is authorized to prepare those plans and schemes as he or she considers necessary for the conservation and development of the area.
4. The minister is further authorized to make regulations not inconsistent with the Urban and Rural Planning Act for the implementation and enforcement of that plan or scheme.
Authorization of administrator
5. The administrator authorized to administer and enforce those regulations shall be the Development Control Division, Department of Municipal and Provincial Affairs.
6. All public authorities and all other persons, corporations, partnerships, associations or other organizations are prohibited from taking any action or undertaking any development that conflicts with or is inconsistent with the approved protected area plan for the Gander River Protected Area.
7. The Gander River Protected Area Order, 1989, Newfoundland Regulation 159/89, is repealed.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer