This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Consolidated Newfoundland Regulation 1996
of Over‑Marketing Regulations
Under the authority of the powers conferred by subparagraph 5(1)(b)(xi) of the Newfoundland Chicken Marketing Scheme, the Natural Products Marketing Act and the Subordinate Legislation Revision and Consolidation Act, the Lieutenant‑Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
1. Short title
2. Over‑marketing by producer
3. Payment of charges
1. These regulations may be cited as the Assessment of Over‑Marketing Regulations.
Over‑marketing by producer
2. A producer of chicken to whom the board has issued a quota certificate who markets any kilograms of chicken, live weight, in excess of the number of kilograms indicated on that producer's quota certificate shall
(a) in the year immediately following the year of over‑marketing, have his or her quota certificate reduced by one kilogram, live weight, for every kilogram of chicken, live weight, over‑marketed by that producer in the previous year; and
(b) in addition to the fees, levies or charges previously imposed under the Newfoundland Chicken Marketing Scheme, pay to the board a charge of $0.185 a kilogram of chicken, live weight, for every kilogram marketed in excess of the number of kilograms of chicken, live weight, indicated on that producer's quota certificate.
Payment of charges
3. A producer shall pay to the board at its office charges payable by the producer under paragraph 2(b) not later than March 15 in the year immediately following the year of over‑marketing.
4. The Assessment of Over‑Marketing Regulations, 1985, Newfoundland Regulation 199/85, are repealed.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer