This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Consolidated Newfoundland Regulation 1996
of Milk Regulations
Under the authority of paragraph 5(k) of the Newfoundland Milk Marketing Scheme, the Natural Products Marketing Act and the Subordinate Legislation Revision and Consolidation Act, the Lieutenant‑Governor in Council makes the following regulations.
1. Short title
3. Licence required
4. Pre‑packaged or bulk product
5. Requirement for licensure
1. These regulations may be cited as the Importation of Milk Regulations.
2. In these regulations "milk" includes all classes and grades of cows fluid milk whether whole, reduced or flavoured and shall include buttermilk, cream and all classes and grades of reconstituted milk.
3. (1) A person shall not bring into the province any milk unless he or she is the holder of a valid licence issued by the board.
(2) Separate permit numbers shall be obtained for each shipment of milk from outside the province.
Pre‑packaged or bulk product
4. (1) A person shall not bring into the province any pre‑packaged milk.
(2) Milk in bulk form only shall be permitted to enter the province.
Requirement for licensure
5. A producer or processor shall not be issued a licence to bring into the province any milk unless he or she can provide satisfactory proof to the board that the product is not available from a producer or processor within the province.
6. A person shall not process, package, distribute
or offer for sale ultra high temperate (
7. The Newfoundland Milk Marketing Board Importation of Milk Regulations, Newfoundland Regulation 85/83, are repealed.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer