This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland 1991
AN ACT TO AMEND THE GASOLINE TAX ACT, 1978
(Assented to May 31, 1991)
1. S.2 Amdt.
2. S.3(1) R&S
3. S.3.2 Amdt.
4. S.47.1 Rep.
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. Paragraph 2(a) of The Gasoline Tax Act, 1978 is repealed.
2. Subsection 3(1) of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
3. (1) A person who acquires gasoline at a retail sale in the province shall pay to the Crown at the time of the sale
(a) on all grades of gasoline, other than diesel fuel grade of gasoline, a tax of $0.137 per litre; and
(b) on diesel fuel grade of gasoline, a tax of $0.156 per litre.
3. Section 3.2 of the Act is amended by striking out the words "a tax rounded down to the nearest one-tenth of a cent per litre that is equal to twenty-two per cent of the average retail price less 1.5 cents per litre" and by substituting the words "a tax of $0.122 per litre".
4. Section 47.1 of the Act is repealed.
5. This Act is considered to have come into force on March 8, 1991.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer