This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland 1991
AN ACT TO AMEND THE NEWFOUNDLAND GEOGRAPHICAL NAMES BOARD ACT, 1974
(Assented to December 11, 1991)
1. Long title R&S
2. Ss. 1 & 2 R&S
3. S.3(1) R&S
4. S.5(a) Amdt.
5. 1989 c.21
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. The long title of The Newfoundland Geographical Names Board Act, 1974 is repealed and the following substituted:
An Act Respecting the Geographical Names Board
2. Sections 1 and 2 of the Act are repealed and the following substituted:
1. This Act may be cited as the Geographical Names Board Act.
2. In this Act
(a) "board" means the Newfoundland and Labrador Geographical Names Board; and
(b) "minister" means the Minister of Environment and Lands.
3. Subsection 3(1) of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
3. (1) The board is continued as the Newfoundland and Labrador Geographical Names Board.
4. Paragraph 5(a) of the Act is amended by striking out the word "Newfoundland" and by substituting the words "the province".
5. Item 11 of Schedule A to The Department of Environment and Lands Act, 1989 is repealed and the following substituted:
6.1 Geographical Names Board Act.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer