This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland 1997
AN ACT TO AMEND THE TEACHERS’
(Assented to May 20, 1997)
1. S.5 Amdt.
2. S.9 Amdt.
3. S.13 R&S
4. S.14 Amdt.
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
RSN1990 cT-2 as amended
1. (1) Paragraph 5(2)(b) of the Teachers’ Association Act is amended by deleting the words "an annual" and substituting the words "a biennial".
(2) Subsection 5(3) of the Act is amended by deleting the words "an annual" and substituting the words "a biennial".
(3) Subsection 5(4) of the Act is amended by deleting the word "annual" wherever it occurs and substituting the word "biennial".
2. Section 9 of the Act is amended by deleting the phrase "hold an annual meeting or convention in each calendar year" and substituting the phrase "hold a biennial meeting or convention".
3. Section 13 of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
13. There shall be an executive of the association consisting of 12 members, inclusive of the president and vice-president, and in addition the immediate past president shall be, by virtue of the position, an executive member for the year immediately following his or her term of office as president.
4. Section 14 of the Act is amended by deleting the words "annual meeting" and substituting the words "biennial meeting or convention".
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer