This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland 1999
AN ACT TO AMEND THE FINANCIAL
(Assented to May 27, 1999)
1. S.2 Amdt.
2. S.14 Amdt.
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. Section 2 of the Financial Administration Act is amended by renumbering it as subsection 2(1) and by adding immediately after that subsection the following:
(2) In this Act, a reference to an issue or issues of public money or to payment out of public money means the
(a) issuing of a cheque or negotiable instrument, including electronic chequing and fund transfers; or
(b) recording of an accrual entry against an appropriation at the time and for the purpose which the board may establish.
2. Section 14 of the Act is amended by renumbering it as subsection 14(1) and by adding immediately after that subsection the following:
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1) or another section of this Act, where a department enters into a written agreement with a person who collects, manages or accounts for public money, that person may deduct a fee or charge from that money as reimbursement for expenses or services incurred or carried out in accordance with the agreement.
(3) A fee or charge deducted in accordance with subsection (2) shall be recorded in an account in the books of the province and charged to an appropriation under this Act.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer