This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland 1999
AN ACT TO AMEND THE INTERNAL ECONOMY COMMISSION ACT
(Assented to May 27, 1999)
1. S.5(8) Amdt.
2. S.13 Amdt.
3. S.14 R&S
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. Subsection 5(8) of the Internal Economy Commission Act is amended by striking out the number and word "6 weeks" and substituting the number and word "6 months".
2. Subsections 13(4) and (5) of the Act are repealed and the following substituted:
(4) The speaker, upon receipt of the report containing the recommendations of the persons appointed under subsection (1), shall refer the recommendations to the commission as soon as possible following the receipt of them and the commission shall implement the recommendations with or without the changes the commission considers appropriate.
3. Section 14 of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
14. The commission may make rules respecting indemnities, allowances and salaries to be paid to members and staff of the House of Assembly.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer