This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland 2000
AN ACT TO AMEND THE PHARMACEUTICAL ASSOCIATION ACT, 1994
(Assented to May 12, 2000)
1. S.34.1 Added
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. The Pharmaceutical Association Act, 1994 is amended by adding immediately after section 34 the following:
Compliance with prescription drug monitoring program
34.1 (1) A pharmacist shall, where the Newfoundland Medical Board or a person authorized by that board requests under the prescription drug monitoring program established by section 24.16 of the Medical Act, provide the information that the Newfoundland Medical Board or a person authorized by that board requests.
(2) The information requested under subsection (1) may include but is not limited to patient records, notes, accounts and other documents kept by the pharmacist.
(3) A pharmacist who fails to comply with a request under subsection (1) is guilty of professional misconduct.
(4) An action for damages does not lie against a pharmacist solely because the pharmacist provides the information requested of him or her under subsection (1).
(5) A pharmacist is not guilty of professional misconduct solely because the pharmacist provides the information requested of him or her under subsection (1).
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer