This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland 2000
AN ACT TO AMEND THE ST. JOHNíS ASSESSMENT ACT
(Assented to May 12, 2000)
1. S.67 Amdt.
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. Subsections 67(2) and (3) of the St. Johnís Assessment Act are repealed and the following substituted:
(2) A person who appeals under subsection (1) shall give to the clerk of the court
(a) written notice of the appeal;
(b) the fee that the council may establish;
(c) his or her name and address where notices may be served upon him or her by the clerk; and
(d) the roll number of the property in respect of which the appeal is made.
(3) A person who appeals under subsection (1) may, not fewer than 10 days before the date scheduled for the hearing of the appeal, withdraw the appeal and the clerk of the court shall refund a fee paid under subsection (2) with respect to that withdrawn appeal.
(4) Where, under section 77, the court reduces the valuation of the real property that is the subject of the appeal, the clerk of the court shall refund a fee paid under subsection (2) with respect to that appeal.
(5) The inability of a person to pay the taxes, rates or fees imposed and payable under this Act is not a ground for appealing an assessment to the court.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer