This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland 2000
AN ACT TO AMEND THE MUNICIPALITIES
(Assented to May 12, 2000)
1. S.210 Amdt.
2. S.215 Amdt.
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. Subsections 210(2) and (3) of the Municipalities Act, 1999 are repealed and the following substituted:
(2) A disclosure statement completed under subsection (1) shall list
(a) real property or an interest in real property within the municipality that is owned by the councillor or employee;
(b) corporations in which the councillor or employee holds 10% or more shares;
(c) partnerships and sole proprietorships in which the councillor or employee holds a 10% or more interest; and
(d) businesses located within the municipality that are owned by the councillor or employee.
(3) A disclosure statement required under subsection (1) shall be filed with the council by
(a) a councillor, not more than 60 days after taking office immediately after his or her election or appointment and not later than March 1 in each subsequent year; and
(b) the clerk, manager, treasurer and department heads, not more than 60 days after commencing employment with the council and not later than March 1 in each subsequent year.
(4) Notwithstanding subsection (3), a change in the information contained in a disclosure statement filed under that subsection shall be reported to the council, in writing, by a councillor, clerk, manager, treasurer or department head not more than 60 days after that change occurs.
(5) A disclosure statement filed under this section shall be retained by the clerk and reviewed at a privileged meeting of the council not more than 30 days after the date required for filing under subsections (3) and (4).
2. Subsection 215(1) of the Act is amended by adding at the end of paragraph (k) the word "and" and by deleting paragraph (l).
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer