This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland 2000
AN ACT TO AMEND THE INTERNAL ECONOMY COMMISSION ACT
(Assented to May 12, 2000)
1. S.6(3) R&S
2. Ss.7, 8 and 9 R&S
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. Subsection 6(3) of the Internal Economy Commission Act is repealed and the following substituted:
(3) The estimates as approved or altered by the commission shall be submitted to the minister and shall be laid before the House of Assembly with the other estimates for the year.
2. Sections 7, 8 and 9 of the Act are repealed and the following substituted:
7. All amounts of money voted by the Legislature with respect to the estimates submitted under section 6 shall be paid out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund on the order of the commission to defray the expenses of the House of Assembly.
Commission may make policies
8. (1) Notwithstanding subsection 25(4) of the Financial Administration Act, the commission may establish policies respecting the documents to be supplied to the comptroller general where an application is made for an issue of public money to defray the expenses of the House of Assembly.
(2) Where the commission establishes policies under subsection (1), documents supplied to the comptroller general that conform to those policies shall be considered to fulfil all of the requirements of the Financial Administration Act respecting the provision of documents in support of an issue of public money.
9. Notwithstanding another Act, the accounts of the House of Assembly shall, under the direction and control of the commission, be audited annually by an auditor appointed by the commission.
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer