This is an official version.
Copyright © 2005: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2005
AN ACT TO AMEND THE BUILDINGS ACCESSIBILITY ACT
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
RSNL1990 cB-10 as amended
1. Subsections 6(2) and (3) of the Buildings Accessibility Act are repealed and the following substituted:
(2) A permit, licence or other authorization for the construction of a building shall not be issued unless the drawings and specifications of a building or part of them have been registered by the director as required by the regulations.
(3) Registration of drawings and specifications may be subject to terms and conditions in accordance with the regulations and as required by the director.
2. Subsection 10(4) of the Act is repealed.
3. Section 14 of the Act is amended by adding immediately after subsection (3) the following:
(4) Notwithstanding subsection (3), the director may determine for the purpose of the occupancy or continued occupancy of a building or part of a building that the submissions and inspections required by this Act have been completed if the director is satisfied that the equipment, device, work or fixture to be installed or completed will be fully installed or completed within a prescribed period.
4. (1) Paragraph 30(1)(j) of the Act is amended by striking out the words "prior to occupancy".
(2) Subsection 30(1) of the Act is amended by striking out the word "and" at the end of paragraph (m) and adding immediately after that paragraph the following:
(m.1) prescribing terms and conditions of registration; and
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer