This is an official version.
Copyright © 2006: Queens Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2006
AN ACT TO REPEAL OBSOLETE ACTS (Assented to Analysis
AN ACT TO REPEAL OBSOLETE ACTS
1. Short title
2. Acts are repealed
3. RSNL1990 cH-3 Amdt.
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
1. This Act may be cited as the Obsolete Acts Repeal Act.
Acts are repealed
2. The Acts set out in the Schedule are repealed.
3. The Highway Traffic Act is amended by adding immediately after section 16.1 the following:
Dealer must register
16.2 (1) A person shall not carry on business as a dealer unless he or she is registered under this Act.
(2) A person shall apply to be registered as a dealer in the manner and shall provide the information required by the registrar.
(3) The registrar shall register a person who applies under this section and in compliance with subsection (2).
(4) A registration as a dealer is not transferable.
(5) A dealer shall not carry on business in a name other than the name in which the dealer is registered.
(6) A dealer’s registration remains in effect until cancelled or revoked by the registrar.
Conditions of registration
16.3 A registration is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions that the registrar may impose or that the minister may, by regulation, impose.
Suspension or cancellation of registration
16.4 The registrar may suspend or cancel a registration where he or she is satisfied that the person to whom the registration was given
(a) has violated a term or condition of the registration;
(b) has made a material misrepresentation in the application for registration or in the information submitted to the registrar under section 16.2; or
(c) has contravened a provision of sections 17 to 27.
1. Automobile Dealers Act
2. Lodgers’ Goods Protection Act
3. Salvage Dealers Licensing Act
Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer