This is an official version.
Copyright © 2009: Queen's Printer,
Statutes of Newfoundland and Labrador 2009
AN ACT TO AMEND THE WORKPLACE HEALTH,
4. S.45 Amdt.
5. S.53 Amdt.
6. S.81.1 Amdt.
Be it enacted by the Lieutenant-Governor and House of Assembly in Legislative Session convened, as follows:
RSNL1990 cW-11 as amended
1. Subsection 4(2) of the Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Act is repealed and the following substituted:
(2) The board of directors shall comprise
(a) 3 persons representative of employers, a minimum of one whom shall be recommended to the Lieutenant-Governor in Council by the Newfoundland and Labrador Employers' Council Inc.;
(b) 3 persons representative of workers, a minimum of one whom shall be recommended to the Lieutenant-Governor in Council by the Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Labour;
(c) 3 persons representative of the general public, one of whom represents injured workers; and
(d) one person who shall be appointed as the chairperson.
2. Paragraph Section 20.2(c) of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
(c) provide services to occupational health and safety committees, worker health and safety representatives and workplace health and safety designates established or appointed under the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
3. Section 30 of the Act is repealed and the following substituted:
Report under Transparency and Accountability Act
30. An annual report, as required by and in accordance with the requirements of the Transparency and Accountability Act, shall be submitted by the review division in accordance with that Act.
4. Subsection 45(3) of the Act is amended by deleting the comma after the word "commission" where it first occurs and deleting the words and comma "and where an action is commenced, he or she or they shall immediately serve notice in writing of the action on the commission".
5. Subsection 53(4) of the Act is repealed.
6. Subsection 81.1(3) of the Act is repealed.
7. Paragraph 89.1(8)(a) of the Act is amended by deleting the words "date of injury" and substituting the words "date of disability".
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer