This is an official version.
Copyright © 2000: Queens Printer,
Revised Statutes of Newfoundland 1990
AN ACT TO AUTHORIZE THE GOVERNMENT TO ESTABLISH AND DISPOSE OF INDUSTRIAL ENTERPRISES
1. This Act may be cited as the Industries Act.
RSN1970 c172 s1Back to Top
2. In this Act "minister" means the Minister of Development.
RSN1990 cI-6 s2Back to Top
Power to establish industrial enterprises
3. The Lieutenant-Governor in Council by this Act has and shall be considered to have had power to establish industrial enterprises in the province.
RSN1970 c172 s2Back to Top
4. Where the Lieutenant-Governor in Council has established an enterprise under section 3, the Lieutenant-Governor in Council may operate the enterprise alone or in conjunction with another person or corporation.
RSN1970 c172 s3Back to Top
Money for industries
5. Money required for the establishment, acquisition, or operation of an industrial enterprise by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council under this Act shall be paid out of money voted by the Legislature.
RSN1970 c172 s4Back to Top
6. The Lieutenant-Governor in Council has power to sell, lease or otherwise dispose of on terms that the Lieutenant-Governor in Council thinks appropriate the interest in an industrial enterprise held by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council under this Act.
RSN1970 c172 s5Back to Top
Proceeds of sale
7. Money acquired by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council under section 6 shall be paid into the Consolidated Revenue Fund.
RSN 1970 c172 s6Back to Top
Acquisition of land, etc.
8. Subject to the approval of the Lieutenant-Governor in Council, the minister may acquire by purchase, lease or otherwise, land which the minister considers necessary for establishing or developing an industrial enterprise under this Act or for a purpose incidental or related to or for the purpose of assisting or encouraging the establishment or development of an industrial enterprise by another person or for an incidental or related purpose.
RSN1970 c172 s7; 1973 No32 Sch; 1981 c4 Sch A; 1985 c30 Sch; 1989 c22 Sch BBack to Top
Disposal of land
9. The minister may, subject to the approval of the Lieutenant-Governor in Council, sell or dispose of land acquired by the minister under this Act to the owner of the industrial enterprise in respect of which it was acquired on terms and conditions and for consideration that the minister considers appropriate.
RSN1970 c172 s8
©Earl G. Tucker, Queen's Printer